- Built using CSS font and alignment properties.
- I designed and made a custom logo using The Gimp to replace what was a text link
- All the navigation items are now buttons instead of text links. This provides more surface area for users to click.
- The content of the page between the navigation top and the bottom footer is now enclosed in a table to provide a uniform look.
- The navigation top is flush with the top and sides of the window.
Beyond the redesign that allowed me to learn a lot about CSS, I took the time to implement some features that I thought were needed.
- People Search. Users can now search for other users by either first or last name OR first and last name and then add them directly from the search results.
- Profile Picture: User can now upload a picture to use as a profile picture. This image is automatically resized to the proper size. The system will make sure the picture is displayed properly.
- I built the picture upload mechanism in such a way that it will be easy to add uploading of non-profile picture pictures in a future release.
- There is rudimentary support of XML. It is possible to generate an XML file of a friends list. Nothing is done with it right now, but the hope is to create an AJAX friends list on the profile in a future release.
- Now when on the pages of other users, a user can add their friends as his os her friends directly without having to navigate to that users page.